Saturday, April 12, 2014

Farewell darling village

A full week has passed and I felt like I'd never left; fun with my homies, walks in the Glen and Clifton Gorge, drumming w/the YS gals, and many home-made meals and meals out, by and with my Ohio girls.


I've been trying to post pics of the gorge today and can't seem to make them stick. If you see any it's because I was successful.


Some wildflowers lined the gorge path and spring water dripped off the million-year-old cliffs along the gorge. Below me and looking down at them as they flew to join their mates in the cool and misty morning, Canada geese looked like arrows with wide feathered tails. Cedar limbs of lace shifted from green-blue to yellow from the sun's rays. My dog and I were the only ones on the trails and after the steep climb back up the steps from the South Rim, we sat on a bench next to a sagittal cut of an ancient White Oak the park had erected to show what was going on in the world during the time of its birth. I thought about the harsh, harsh winter we had endured this year and welcomed the rites of Spring in the Springs.


Tomorrow I'll walk these forests again with my friend, Tishia, whom I taught to hug the Glen Helen trees when she was a toddler. We will hug them again, Her Fran and My Tishia and give thanks for our lives that crossed, then separated, and met again.

No comments:

Post a Comment