Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fond Reunions

St. Patty's Day - Cathie and Rick worked with me at Eagle Shirt Outlet Store in Quakertown, Penna, in the 1970s. She was 17 and he 19, as I recall. They were young sweeties madly in love. We had many good times at work and in Cathie's home. I sang John Denver's song, Sunshine on My Shoulders for their beautiful wedding on a hill above Lake Nockamixon. Until last week, I last saw them in the 1980's when their first daughter was an infant. Eva later welcomed a sister, Katie. When recently visiting Rick and Cathie, I got to meet Katie, a now lovely young woman who looks just like her Uncle Buster. Eva was a college on that day. Cathie baked a delicious quiche and rum cake, which we all devoured ravenously. She, Rick and I recalled all our good times and spoke about how thankful we are to still share friendship love. Cathie later wrote to me stating how important she believes our reunion was. I feel it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment