Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A little Ditty about Chuck and Diane; and hail









I hadn't seen Chuck since about 1990. He was living an alternative life style that leaned more heavily on one side of the Kinsey Scale than the other; you figure it out. He, his then partner, I and my then girlfriend sat nearly every summer evening on the shore of Rocky Fork Lake fishing for who knows what. One evening I had two lures left, cast in one and, thinking I'd hooked a big one, lost it on an underwater log. I reluctantly cast with my last lure and, again, caught a big one. It was a big one alright, I'd caughtand reeled in the lure I'd previously lost on the log.
As then, Chuck remains the incredibly creative man he was when I shared friendship with him in Hillsboro, Ohio. He now lives on the other side of the Kinsey Scale in a smaller Ohio town, married to Diane and passionately in love with all there is about her. They are a fine fit, yet complimentaries to one another. They fell in love over Bridge and remain competent Bridge players.
Chuck has been an Optician since his Hillsboro days and Diane has been a star employee of a candle-producing company for 30 years. They also own a lovely home in Gatlenburg, Tennessee, which they rent out when they are not there.
During this visit with Chuck and Diane, I was pleasured with the beautiful aesthetics of their home. The entire space was designed, created and installed by Chuck, primarily alone. He described how he fashioned various pulley systems to erect the outside deck and transport heavy boulders into their garden. He revealed how he formed the most wonderful catheral ceiling and skylights in the open-space. Most of their furniture is constructed by Chuck as well. He and Diane have equal taste in art, which is displayed throughout their home.
Chuck is an interesting man with whom to have discussion. He is philosophical, sensitive, and deeply spiritual. He will always remain a favorite person in my life.
When Diane was on her way home to a yummy dinner cooked by Chuck, she drove through a horrendous thunderstorm complete with heavy hail. After we finished our meal, another storm blew through Sardinia, with teeming hail. (see photos) The hailstones were 1/2 inch in diameter and covered the ground like snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment