Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Women Drumming

Pam always treats me like a Goddess; holding "my room" for each visit, engaging me in community activites like in the old days when I lived in Yellow Springs, and cooking me nutritional and delectable meals such as the home-made chicken enchelada, pearl couscous, and broccoli salad, YUM!
An altar welcoming our women drummer ancestors.





Karen, Pam and Margaret.
Pam played drumming music, beats to which we all aspire, and we danced as though we'd never danced. Karen donned her monkey hat and struck a pose.






Karen calling in the ancient ones!

This was Karen's first time at our drumming sessions; she added wonderful tones with her Dirigidoo and her strong spiritual nature.








I, Pam, and Margaret began our Yellow Springs Women's Drumming Group in the early 1990s. They are still united and each time I visit my "girls" they arrange a drumming session. We've still got the beat!











No comments:

Post a Comment