Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Birth Family

My big Sis and her husband graciously put me up at their home for two nights. My sister quickly whipped up a tasty meal on the first night. On the second day I indulged in my first Oyster Pie at Emille's restaurant, formerly the East Rockhill Tavern. The broth was wonderful; just like mom's oyster stew. I enjoyed the chopped oyster mixed within the pie, but the stewed oysters on top I shifted onto Bernd's plate; not as tasty to me. My younger brother, Dennis, and I visited our now oldest brother, Linton and his wife, Nancy. Nancy was caring for four of their grandchildren; Maggie, Jonas, Eva, and baby Clayton. It was so fun being around grand nieces and nephews again. They always bring joy into my life. Linton was recovering from recent surgery to have a stone removed from his bladder - ouch! He was still somewhat stoned himself from anesthesia. I forgot to get out my camera to photograph all this fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment